The tropical pineapple or pineapple (Ananas comosus) is the fruit obtained from the plant receives the same name. Its shape is oval and thick with about 30 cm long and 15 cm in diameter. It is a tropical fruit native to South America and its cultivation in Colombia is quite extensive.
The edible pulp is surrounded by green bracts passing orange when ripe, the fruit skin forming. At the upper end the bracts become a crown of leaves. The pulp is yellow or white fleshy, aromatic, juicy and sweet. Inside is a hard fibrous trunk that runs from the crown to the pedicle.
The pineapple has a cylindrical shape, a flaky brown crust, a crown of prickly leaves and a yellow pulp. This exotic fruit is formed of many small fruits that are fused together.
It is a very sensitive to sudden changes in temperature fruit. The temperatures recommended for partially ripe pineapples are between 10-13ºC and ripe pineapples 7-10ºC. Optimal relative humidities of this fruit are between 85 and 90%.
Pineapple is an essential food in the human diet because:
- It helps eliminate or burn fat, being highly recommended and beneficial for people with cellulite, obesity or overweight
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, making it very beneficial in cases of arthritis or gout
- Its fiber helps cleanse the body and regularly go to the bathroom, so help us prevent constipation
- It contains potassium, facilitating the removal of liquids by its diuretic effect and prevents edemas. In addition, so it purified and detoxifies the body
- Strengthens the immune system so that it can respond correctly to attacks by pathogens
- Pineapple is a fruit that enhances the absorption of iron so its regular use helps prevent anemia
- Exerts anticoagulant effect in the blood, helping to avoid thrombi and smooth it again
- If you're dieting or want to watch your weight, pineapple or pineapple is an excellent partner for its satiating quality, to remove fluid and debug providing few calories
- The pineapple is highly recommended to combat colds, asthma, rheumatism or hypertension
- It promotes healing and wound healing
- Because of its enzymes, pineapple is highly valued for its digestive action and to avoid intestinal discomfort
- Its regular use helps prevent tumors associated with cáncer
How can you eat pineapple?
- Fresh fruit
- In cocktails
- In yogurt
- In liquors
- In jams
- In candies
|CONTENT PER 100 GRS PULP||UNITS|
|Vitamin A||5 mgr|
|Vitamin E||0,1 mgr|
|Vitamin C||18 mgr|
|Folic acid||14 mgr|