Avocado (Persea americana), also known as avocado (Quechua), cure, avocado (English) or abacate (Portuguese) is a tree with edible fruit belonging to the Lauraceae family, one of the oldest among the flowering plants.
Although it is commonly considered a vegetable, the fact is that, technically, the avocado is a fruit. Specifically, it is a type of berry, which is a simple ovary wall ripens whose fleshy fruit, becoming a food. Broadly speaking, fruits are characterized by having a layer of peel or skin, usually lasts, an intermediate zone is commonly eaten and is usually fleshy and finally a box or container where the seeds are stored fruit.
Although there is disagreement about the origin of avocado, the oldest evidence of consumption that has until now is in a cave Coaxcatlán, Puebla, Mexico, dating from 7000-8000 years old.
The avocado is a fleshy exotic fruit obtained from the tropical tree of the same name. In some parts of South America known as Palta. It has dimensions of 5-6 cm length. The normal weight ranges from 200-400 g, although they may be pieces of up to 2 kg. The crust is thick and hard green whose tone depends on the variety. The pulp is colored oily cream to yellowish green, with a nutty flavor similar to. It has a unique rounded seed light brown and 2-4 cm.
Avocados vary in weight of 225g to 2 kilos, depending on the variety. The edible portion of the avocado flesh is yellow-green, which has a smooth texture, the consistency of butter and a flavor reminiscent of walnut and hazelnut. Skin and bone avocado are inedible.
Why is it important avocado consumption?
For his contribution in oleic acid has beneficial cardiovascular effects, lowering plasma cholesterol levels. It contains a significant amount of minerals and vitamins necessary for the proper functioning of the body.
Besides the above, because:
- An avocado contains more potassium than a banana
- It is the fruit provides more protein. It contains 18 of the most important proteins that our body needs
- It contains oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat which can help reduce cholesterol
- Help prevent cardiovascular diseases
- Improves hair and skin
- Prevent heart disease and strokes
- Because of its high value of folic acid, significantly improves heart health
- It is a food rich in vitamins and minerals
- It is a rich source of monounsaturated fatty acids such as oleic acid, which provides significant protection against breast cancer
- Contain carotenoids and tocoferole, consumption inhibits growth of cancer cells Prostate
- Helps prevent oral cancer
In what ways can consume avocado?
- As fresh fruit
- In salads
- In sauces
- In sandwich
- In soups
- In shakes
|CONTEN PER 100 GRS PULP||UNITS|
|Total Fat||13,8 gr|
|Saturated AG||2,9 gr|
|Monoinsaturated AG||8,6 gr|
|Poliunsaturated AG||1,7 gr|
|Vitamin B||0,46 mgr|
|Vitamin C||4 mgr|
|Vitamina A||19 Ug|
|Vitamin E||2,27 mgr|