Annona, of the Latin name applied to the anon (Annona squamosa); Muricata, Latin word meaning "bristling", referring to the skin´s fruit´s appearance. Gannan (Annona muricata L.) is a plant native to the tropical part of South America but has been introduced in many countries. It grows optimally between 0-1000 m.a.s.l. It is considered the most tropical of the anonas, because it does not withstand the cold. The altitude above sea level of better development and production is 300 to 500 m.a.s.l. The guanabana is sensitive to cold temperatures and in high mountainous areas, its production low considerably.
Less acidic and lower fiber fruits can be eaten fresh directly with a spoon; The pulp of the guanabana, also known in some countries as graviola, can be cut into small pieces and added to salads or fruit cocktails. These pieces are also cooled and served as a dessert by adding sugar and milk or cream.
Some benefits of using guanabana for the human organism:
- Fight hypertension.
- Fight asthma.
- Fight the creation and growth of tumors and thus effectively combats cancer.
- Fight diabetes and controls blood sugar levels.
- Fights liver disorders.
- It is an excellent vasodilator, so it helps prevent poor circulation and strokes.
- High caloric value because of the carbohydrates it contains.
- Eliminates all kinds of intestinal parasites.
The guanabana can be consumed in the following ways:
- As fresh fruit (when it is ripe).
- In juices and sorbets.
- As dessert ingredient.
- In salads.
- In ice cream.
- In jellies
|CONTENT PER 100 GRS PULP||UNITS|
|Ascorbic acid||20 mgr|