Musa acuminata, also called banana baby or bocadillo, is different from the Cavendish banana, in addition to having a sweeter taste, being smaller in size and weight, ranging between 10 and 12 cms. In length and 20 to 40 grms. Also it is denominated in English "finger banana" or "lady finger" due its dimensions similar to a finger. When mature, it has yellow skin, almost white, creamy, high consistency.
From South-East Asian countries, particularly India, China, Malaysia and the Philippines, is currently cultivated in some tropical and subtropical countries, especially in Colombia, as it has the ideal climate for producing it.
Some benefits of eating baby bananas in the human body:
- The usual consumption of this fruit helps to eliminate bad cholesterol.
- It contributes to the good state of the nervous system and controls blood pressure.
- Regulates heartburn.
- It improves digestion and helps control constipation.
- It counteracts anemia and helps fight depression.
- Relieves premenstrual cramps.
- Helps fighting cancer.
Banana can be consumed in the following ways:
- Like fresh fruit.
- In salads.
- In cocktails.
- Accompanying soups and creams.
- In ice cream.
- In juice.
- In castings.
- Fried or roasted.
|CONTENT PER 100 GRS PULP||UNITS|
|Diet fiber||1,5 gr|
|Vitamin A||200 IU|
|Ascorbic acid||10 mgr|